Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sizing Up The Universe

     One element of space exploration that still amazes me is the relative positions of all of the stars. From here on Earth it is relatively hard to determine the depth of space, but through a bit of simulation magic, we can see that it is hardly a sheet with holes poked in it as the Greeks once thought.

Part I in which it was a cloudy night and I couldn't do much.


Part II in which I went to my computer and made magic happen.


May the stars shine brightly in your skies.

2 comments:

  1. The first video looks like a flash light, but the second video is awesome. The software you are using is pretty cool (magic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As mentioned it was cloudy and pretty late (the timestamp lies, it was at 12:23 AM on the 13th) thus by the time the Moon decided to peep out from behind the clouds I already had my night gear packed back up. Soon enough I'll get a better video.

    ReplyDelete